The Rodan Foundation's Publication for the Metaphysical Church of Enlightenment, July 2019
In 1981, Reverend Clarke Carraway founded The Rodan Foundation with the intention of creating a powerful, growing community of awakening beings who experience love, peace, prosperity, unity, healing, harmony, and revelation through learning and service. The Rodan Foundation, recognizing the Law of Cause and Effect, expresses gratitude for the many blessings it reaps from the community's experiences.
Welcome! Join with us in our dynamic weekly services where we discover our true purpose in an emerging world. Experience the revelation of our collective awakening to the power of love, the wonder of our multi-dimensional capacities, and the joy in reclaiming earth as our home. Sunday mornings provide the opportunity to celebrate life with like-minded beings and experience personal reassurance and empowerment through the spiritual messages of Reverend Carraway's mediumship. We look forward to your participation enhancing our community.
You have that inner longing to be authentically happy,
and if you could only get hold of a simple formula
from any lifestyle news that would spell out the tips on
how to be happy, you would surely gladly exchange
everything you have to get hold of that simple formula.
There are indeed some simple rules in life that—if you
practice on a regular basis—would readily help you
become a happy person. These simple rules are quite
ordinary that you would never think that they actually
hold the secrets to a happy life. Here are seven of these
1. “Consider every day as a gift.” You may find it not easy to develop this habit of treating each day of your life as a gift. Once you begin to see each day as a gift, you would soon become the happiest person in this world. The reason for this is that you would seldom find a person who is not thankful for a gift, and a gift always brings in a happy disposition to the recipient of the gift. Therefore, once you look at each day of your life as a gift, you will begin to be appreciative of your life. Your appreciation of each day will imbue all aspects of your life, and soon, you will radiate happiness from deep within you.
2. “Accept the things that you can’t change.” Stephen Covey, the author of “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People” once said that there are two circles of life—the Circle of Influence and the Circle of Concern. The Circle of Influence includes the things that lie within your control such as yourself, your habits, your mind, and your behavior. The Circle of Concern, on the other hand, includes the things beyond your control such as the behavior of other people, politics, your boss, the world, and many other things. If you dwell on the things within your Circle of Concern, you will inevitable end up feeling depressed, bitter, and anxious, because you do not have control over them. If you dwell on your Circle of Influence, you will feel fulfilled and happy because you are in control of these things. Anxiety and depression usually set in when you dwell on things that you are out of control, and for this reason, the more you focus on the things within your control, the happier you will become. As for the things beyond your control, you simply have to accept them.
3. “Choose to be happy.” Being happy is a decision to be happy and to let go of the things that burden your heart. You can only effectively decide on things and matters that lie within your control. Your behavior is always within your control, in the same way, that your mind is within your control. Hence, you can decide on how you are going to react to any situation; and you can either choose to react happily or sadly.
4. “Start to live in the present.” Living in the present is also a great habit necessary to live a happy life. “Living in the present” means you are fully immersed in the present moment and enjoying it without cluttering your mind with future and past problems. Once you start living in the present, you begin to appreciate the simple things that life brings and become fully alive. If you cherish every moment, you would naturally find yourself sporting an optimistic and happy outlook on life.
5. “Minimize your wants!” Happiness comes easily when you realize that the many desires and wants of your life are making you dissatisfied with life. Happiness is usually tantamount to being satisfied. Thus, if you develop the habit of minimizing your wants, you will unburden your heart and mind with unfulfilled wants and desires, and your outlook will eventually lighten up, and your mind will be free to appreciate the simple things in life that you have.
6. “Wish always the best for your beloved.” There is no greater joy in life than that of seeing the person you love so much achieve in life. Likewise, once you see that those you love are improving and succeeding in life, you will in turn feel light and satisfied. Real love is wishing the best for the beloved, so it’s a win-win to pray and wish that those who are dear to your heart are achieving, growing, and maturing along the way. The more you wish them happiness, the happier you will become.
7. “Lastly, you should get in touch with your inner self.” Happiness comes from within; it can never be feigned nor faked. It is a satisfied state of mind wherein you feel at peace deep within. It is akin to the feeling of satisfaction after having eaten your favorite food. More importantly, you feel happy when there is no conflict deep within your mind and heart. Hence, for you to be truly happy, you need to resolve the inner rumblings deep within your heart; and there is no better way to do it than to engage in a relaxing meditation and self-awareness activity on a regular basis. Stay in contact with your inner self and you will surely find a center deep within that will serve as your source of happiness.
~ By Sophie Addison
Calendar of Events and Special Offerings
NO SERVICES AUG 4TH –SEPT 1ST – ANNUAL SUMMER SABBATICAL – SERVICES RESUME SEPT 8TH
As you help the economy with your Amazon purchase, you may also help The Rodan Foundation by shopping from smile.amazon.com. Under the 'search' area, you'll see the word 'supporting' and a description of a chosen charity. Hover over the name and you'll see a 'change' option listed next to it. Click 'change,' search for The Rodan Foundation, and choose us as your charity. We will receive 0.5% of the price of all your eligible smile.amazon purchases!
Our Community Love Offertory for July Supports Samaritan House.
Their primary Mission is to mobilize the resources of
the community to help those who are in need. Their dedicated professional staff
and volunteers work together to provide food, access to shelter, healthcare,
and a broad range of supportive services. They preserve dignity, promote self sufficiency, and provide hope.